Saturday, June 29, 2013

"I See Blood....."

I don't know about the rest of you, but I had a ridiculously busy week. It wasn't all work, but between that and other personal things going on, the week zoomed by like crazy. This week has also been a busy week for the American judicial system, and political system as well. The world has remained pretty much the same as it has been going so far in the past couple of weeks. I had a very.....thrilling/interesting experience at work that I wish I could share, but the past has taught me to say very little, if nothing at all about what I do at my job. Which is a real shame because this story is something that happens only in movies and television, yet there I was right in the middle of something quite surreal. I have been going through the edits of Book II like a madman, although it was difficult oftentimes this week to sit down and go through the pages and look things over with a fine tooth comb, but it will be worth it in the end when I am completed. Interestingly enough, I moved from watching The Bible series to watching season 7 of Dexter. I just finished watching the second disc and all I have to say is wow! The individuals who write for this show are highly talented, and this show has some of the finest writing I have seen for a television show. This show has some of the best twists and plot turns I have ever seen, with the exception perhaps of 24 (which my brother in-law would be delighted to hear). I love how the characters are continuing to develop,change and grow. The new characters and story lines remain fresh, dynamic and compelling. Obviously there is, of course, the fact that the hero of the story is a serial killer, and a lot of bad things (lots, and lots of people die, but they do tend to be evil)  happen in this series (but not like Game of Thrones), but I really, really do enjoy it and find it very escapist like for me. If you enjoy excellent drama and can manage death, blood, heavy violence, foul language, nudity and sex then you will find this show inescapably engaging as I have found it. I will soon finish season 7 and then I will wait for season 8. So far I have remained blissfully ignorant of what has happened, or what will, so I'm hoping that I can keep it that way. As I sit here typing, I'm suddenly struck by the fact that Saturday is almost over which means that the weekend will soon be coming to an end. I do only though have a four day work week next week, which I am very excited about. I have to begin planning my vacation soon. Well have a lovely weekend everyone.

Dexter Season 7 Trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment