Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"He's Ridiculous!"

It was a fairly productive and busy day, although I didn't get as much writing done as I would have liked to. I ran quite a few errands and finally purchased a winter coat. I went to The Burlington Coat Factory and I have to admit that there were quite a few coats. I spent probably almost an hour looking for one, by which point I had zapped myself via static electricity several times; very annoying in cold and dry weather. Forgot how much of a health hazard it was. I spent almost 2 hours developing names for my expanded history for my fantasy trilogy, which you'd think wouldn't be terribly difficult but when you have to come up with all essentially new and different names numbering about oh....well over 500, it becomes rather taxing. I think though I am going to find some way to cheat and make it easier on my imagination, either that or I am going to have some really, really weird names. I watched Pride and Prejudice this evening. Such a fantastic film starring Keira Knightley, Donald Sutherland, Mathew Macfayden, Rosamund Pike, Simon Woods, Tom Hollander, Judi Dench, Tamzin Merchant, and Rupert Friend. A truly remarkable British cast. I haven't seen the many different versions, but I have to say that this film is delightful beyond words. It makes such great use and theatrical practicality of the English language that it sounds more....rhythmic versus simple speaking. I was thinking that I would post another quote from The Prince, but perhaps another night; don't want to overdo a classic, if that is possible. Here is some very terrible and tragic news, which no one seems to be really making a big deal about oddly. The United Nations reports that over 60,000 people have died in the Syrian Civil War as of late, and there is no sign that the conflict is nearing an end. I actually just finished watching a news report where a local suburb was attacked killing over 30 people. There was quite a bit of blood and severely bloodied people. The western powers still haven't done anything, so I wouldn't be surprised that when the dust settles in Syria that its occupants will despise Europe and the United States more than ever because we sat on our hands and did nothing while thousands were slaughtered mercilessly. Not a very pleasant reality, but a true one nonetheless. Keep those people in your thoughts still, and hope that the conflict will end soon, and true peace and freedom restored.

Pride & Prejudice Clip 1

Pride & Prejudice Clip 2  

No comments:

Post a Comment