Thursday, January 3, 2013

113.


If I understood everything that transpired correctly, today marks the day that the 113th U.S. Congress was sworn in along with all of the other people who are in charge and so on and so forth. We'll see if this congress can do less pointless debating, and focus on attempting to reach more common ground, or more stable compromise. I kept myself busy by doing a lot of writing actually, although no actual story words were actually penned, but I did an enormous amount of pre-writing and background for my new short story, which will be a political thriller/drama. I'm going to focus in on a particular function and moment in U.S. politics (that I fictitiously create) and then explore how the characters use that moment to further their own ambitions, and destroy their opponents. It should be quite fun as I am adding a new dimension to it, in a way. I also wrote a film score review for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, which was composed by Howard Shore. I have to admit that when it comes time to composing grand, dynamic, and beautiful music this man always seems to deliver the goods...at least when it comes to The Lord of the Rings universe. Outside of that he's really hit and miss. Tolkien's work though keeps him solid, which apparently it is his 121st birthday today. He was born January 3rd, 1892. I hope he's enjoying his afterlife, because after writing such a grand opus (as one of the many great things he did) he deserves it. That sucked up most of my day, writing that is. Perhaps I'll get around to penning something tomorrow, but I might be preoccupied with job hunting. Yes it is time to get back to a full time paying job and moving on with life. Well the new year is so far so good for me on my end, as I hope it is for most of everyone in the world. For those of you which life sucks, I can give no consolation but hang in there and hope that it gets better and then trust that it will, and then if you can do what Yoda suggests; "let go of everything, you fear to lose."

Song of the Lonely Mountain

Howard Shore on composing music for The Hobbit

No comments:

Post a Comment