Thursday, December 13, 2012

What Was the First Gift of Christmas...?

12 Days Until Christmas.



....A tie?
So today has been a little bit more productive than usual thank goodness. I finally wrote my review for Lincoln and I of course raved about it, and it is my Oscar favorite to win next year for many categories, but who knows if the Academy will see it similarly. Aside from baking bread (I cheated with a bread machine; it was very delicious) tinkering on the computer for a span, I chatted with my family and hung out with my nephew. There's this show on Netflix called oddities, and tonight there was this person trying to see if her book was bound in human skin, and then this one guy ate a real light bulb. It was so disgusting; who knows if any of this is truly real or is just staged, but one thing is for certain.....there are a lot of odd people out there in the world. Today's Christmas film is The Christmas Box. It's a delightful old mid 90's film about a young family that lives with this old woman whom the wife acts as an assistant to. Maureen O'Hara, Annette O'Toole, and Richard Thomas star in it. It's a neat little Christmas film; very family oriented, and perhaps a little trite, but I grew up watching it when I was in grade school. My mother likes films like this; ones that belonged on the Hallmark Channel. This one wasn't so bad. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but honestly it's a far better Christmas flick than many of the ones out there currently. Ciao!

Pacific Rim Trailer (don't know if it will be any good, but Guillermo del Toro directed).

Oblivion Trailer (not sure about this one either; I don't have any expectations at all).

No comments:

Post a Comment