Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas To All!

Christmas Day!!!!!




So to start the day off, my family and I went and saw The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in IMAX 3-D, which looked incredible. Aside from Avatar this is the finest film I've ever seen 3-D and utilize it effectively, and to its finest artistic effect. I enjoyed the film more even the second time around, and still highly recommend people to continue or to watch it even if you haven't seen Lord of the Rings. The really cool thing about seeing the film in this format was that there was a lovely preview of the new Star Trek film  Into the Darkness attached, and wow does that film look incredibly amazing! May of 2013! Can't wait. As you can imagine that activity took up a bit of time, and then I did a bit of relaxing and then sat down to watch my latest Netflix arrival Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The film still remains amazing and awesome, which is also something that I encourage people to watch, even those that do not like science fiction should be able to enjoy this film. After putting some laundry away I began to do some background and historical writing for my Warrior's Tale trilogy. I should have done all of this before I wrote the books, but I was young, foolish and inexperienced so naturally I just skipped that whole process over. I am doing it now though and it has become one of my top side priorities, the top priority is of course still a secret project that continues to go slow. Now that Christmas is over and my focus seems to be back somewhat, I think things will begin to pick up. I also saw Die Hard for the first time tonight. Alan Rickman was an amazing villain, and Bruce Willis' character became better as the series progressed. It was....a typical 1980's action film; and that's all that needs be said, that and it was a shame the "bad guys" didn't win. I hope that everyone had a splendid Christmas, and if you have family and had the opportunity to enjoy their company then lucky you, that and I hope it was truly enjoyable. It was nice to not have to work on Christmas for the first time in a couple years, but I do kind of kiss hanging out with the kids I used to work with; that was one of the few days where the majority of them were alright. Of the three films I watched today, all of them were escapist like...fanciful if you'd like. This world is not perfect, it is on average unpleasant most of the time, and people are always attempting to find a way to cope or find meaning. A little over 2,000 years ago Jesus came down to earth to give people a way out, and to have a perfect eternity where you won't need to cope or escape from anymore. His birth, is what Christmas is all about and His sacrifice as for what He gave up, so that we of the human race could live peacefully forevermore. Let us never forget that. So once again I say, Merry Christmas.

"God Bless Every One!" Andrea Bocelli

Die Hard trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment