Sunday, December 16, 2012

May The Odds Be In Your Favor.

9 Days Until Christmas.




Happy Hunger Games! Yeah I know it's Christmas, but tonight I watched The Hunger Games just to see if I still had the same opinion of it as when I first saw it. Surprisingly, I liked it much, much better the second time around. I don't know what it is, but some films don't initially stick on me, and then I see them again and I find that I enjoy them so much more. I liked the characters more, the story, and even the plot. Not sure what made the difference. Anyways. I may have to watch it again before I modify the rating I gave it, but it looks like I may just upgrade it a level. My sister is very excited about the next book being transformed into a film, so we shall see if it remains up to scratch like its predecessor. Today was very unproductive, but I decided that would be the outlay of the day. My watched Home Alone 3 with my nephew, which I found surprisingly humorous and delightful all things considering, and Scarlett Johansson was in it as a very young kid...that was weird and it took me a while to figure out that it was her. Then I just finished watching The Polar Express with my sister and family. Although I only saw about half of the rather trite film, it was enough to get the point across. Visually it was quite stunning, and the music by Alan Silvestri was amazing; one of his better scores in a while. This is my Christmas film for today. Tomorrow, I have writing to do, and hopefully some last minute shopping. Yes I know, I'm cutting it close and will be out there with the rest of the crazy procrastinators as well. Okay, have a great week and very soon it will be Christmas.

"Tracker Jacker" Scene from The Hunger Games

"When Christmas Comes to Town" from The Polar Express

No comments:

Post a Comment