Friday, December 21, 2012

I'm Still Here, What About You?

4 Days Until Christmas!



Well the apocalyptic day has come and gone with no ill effects thus far that I know of. Granted, the United States government seems like it's heading towards an apocalyptic battle, and I'm certain the people of Syria would have a different perspective on this whole Mayan prediction thing, but as an average whole I believe our planet is no worse for wear than we were the other day. I hope that not too many people were disappointed that we didn't all go BANG! Personally I would like to achieve a few more things before I perish. Well the day as a whole wasn't particularly productive, but rather the last part of it was. I just finished writing my own science fiction/apocalyptic story that I have been working on for well over a month now I think, maybe longer. Anyways, I just began writing and kept going and once I got to a certain spot, I just couldn't stop and just kept going and going until I was done. I think I spend the past five hours or so writing, and this time I have something to show for it. I have to go through and edit it before I upload it to my website, and hopefully I will get to it tomorrow, but who knows. Unexpected plans tend to muddy the waters. Getting that short story done is such a relief. Now I can focus my energy and attention on that other project that I am working on, and then I think I may write another fairy tale. Today's Christmas film is Jingle All the Way. I tried to avoid posting this film, but apparently I haven't seen a lot of Christmas films that I can post although I just thought of another one. Anyways. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sinbad, Rita Wilson, and Jake Lloyd star in this film about a father who forgets his family over the holidays as he is consumed with work, and then has to scramble the day before Christmas to obtain for his son the toy of his dreams. It's......funny I guess, but also really, really stupid. It can at times be great to watch, but then moments when it is really, really painful to watch. I wouldn't recommend it, but I'm sure kids would love it, and it is somewhat tolerable for adults to view as well. Have an excellent Holiday weekend everyone.

Jingle All the Way Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment