Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Years!?????



Well for us here in the United States I'm not quite so certain if it's going to be off to a "happy" new year what with our government plunging our country over the "fiscal cliff" because no one seems to know how to make politics work that is currently in control, regardless of party. It seems from where I sit all frozen in the midwest, that President Obama and the Democrats believe that they can demand anything because he won reelection and they maintained control in the Senate. The Republicans and John Boehner believe that a fair majority of Americans don't want tax increases and want the budget cut (which they are to a degree correct). Neither side seems very willing to budge, and so the country remains in a general malaise with less faith in our government than before the election...if that is possible. Who knows what will happen, but such is life. Some of my family suggest to moving to Ireland, which sounds pretty good right about now. Anyways. So my brother in-law and myself made New Year's Eve dinner which included stuffed mushrooms, bruschetta, ahi tuna, and I made a lemon chiffon cake with lemon icing. It was all made from scratch, and it tasted so delicious. I also decorated a little bit as well, and I have to admit that it all turned out fairly well. So we watched Kung Fu Panda 2 and it was quite hilarious, and I loved the Peacock that Gary Oldman voiced, but I liked the first film more. Granted it is only an animated film, and a film at that, but there you have it. Moving on. Yesterday I Skyped for the first time with a friend in Albania, who was visiting another one of my friends. I must admit that it was pretty amazing even though the video quality wasn't that great, but even still it was fairly awesome. Well, I hope that everyone has a great New Year, and I really hope that this coming year, 2013, is better than 2012. This past year was one of the worst years of my entire life, so it could be worse, but it is more likely to get better....that is me crossing my fingers. Take care and God bless all of you.

Kung Fu Panda 3 Trailer

May It Be by Enya. Not very celebratory, but I think it gets the point across for what I hope for myself and everyone else in the world, especially those tormented by an oppressive and dictatorial government.

No comments:

Post a Comment