Monday, November 5, 2012

"There's Something Terribly Wrong with this Country..."


And yes that is a quote from V for Vendetta and not precisely an exact description of the state of the United States of America, but it's getting there.

"Remember, remember the fifth of November, the gun powder treason and plot. I know of no reason, why the gun powder treason should ever be forgot."
                                                                           -V

So I hope that everyone regardless of who or where they are in the world celebrated today. What was there to celebrate you may be asking, well freedom, and especially freedom from oppressive governments. It is also very ironic that this holiday occurs one day before the United States elects the next president, and you can take that anyway that you like, but I mean nothing by it; pure irony is all that it is. One thing is for certain though the freedom in the world is slowly slipping away in favor of authority being vested in a more centralized power...like the U.S. Federal Government, The European Union, or The United Nations for example. In my personal political opinion, for a democratic society to be continually successful power must be kept locally within the hands of the people that live in that locality. The more centralized power becomes in a government of any kind, the more freedoms that government will take from its people and add to itself. I don't know about the rest of all of you, but I would rather have less big government and more small government. So I tip my hat to the people of Syria who are continuing to struggle to get rid of the tyrant that is ruling their country. People like the Syrian rebels are in part what holidays like this are all about (and by the way, revolutions for the most part are quite bloody and grisly). God bless and good luck to them. I would also like to say that the people of the countries of North Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, China, Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Myanmar, and any others that I cannot seem to remember at the moment. All of you will get your moment one day to change the malaise, terror, and "freedomlessness" that plagues your country, if I may be so bold to say. And I will say this once again, if the people of the United States don't learn to wise up and know what the politicians are up to who run this country, then we'll end up like something similar to....well I really, really hate to say this but I can think of no other better comparison...Nazi Germany. I am not referring to the horrific crimes the regime committed, but rather how it came to power. That rise seems more familiar and likely considering the economic woes the world and more particularly the U.S. is facing. Now I will leave it at that, and all I ask is that everyone think to about what I wrote. So aside from watching V For Vendetta I wrote quite a bit of my epic conclusion for my "Sword and the Shield" series of modern warfare. It is coming along and together very well. All of the story lines are weaving together quite well and by the time it is finished it will be great. So there it is. The next time I blog, the U.S. will hopefully have chosen a new president without any drama.

V's Revolutionary Speech

No comments:

Post a Comment