Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Wow! I ate so much food today it is ridiculous. My three pies turned out fantastic, as did the turkey; my brining method won everyone over in the family, of which no fireworks went off. At times things seemed like an episode of Modern Family, but for the most part it was a rather lovely day. I did spend most of the time cleaning, cooking and eating. In the lapses of time though I managed to finish watching season 3 of Modern Family at last after taking a hiatus from it. The show is relatively amusing, aside from the constant whining and drama of the characters Cam and Mitchell. Well another holiday has come and gone. I'm not going to say too much, but I do have to say how thankful I am for the guiding and all knowing hand of God. To me it may seem like a gigantic step backwards returning to Illinois, but I believe that in His providence my life will work out to be much better. Hope everyone had an equally lovely day and that the turkey wasn't too dry, or the family too obnoxious, frustrating, or infuriating, or that you weren't getting shot at or having your home blown apart. If you had family, something to eat, and experienced peace while all of that was happening then you have much to be thankful for. We the more fortunate should keep that in mind as we complain about our favorite celebrities doing something stupid and other superfluous things. And I'm done. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment