Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Lawless Method.

It was the day for chores and other superfluous deeds which would only bore everyone. I just finished watching the film Lawless starring Shia LeBeouf, Tomy Hardy, and Guy Pearce. It was....okay. My sister and brother in-law really liked it, but I wasn't a big fan. There were some excellent performances by Tom Hardy who was silent, but deadly and quite humorous at the same time. Guy Pearce played an excellent villain; wow! I mean this guy is ruthless, and he's also kind of weird; but it was a fine performance. Shia LeBeouf played a similar kind of character in Indy 4 and Wall Street Money Never Sleeps, so I wasn't that impressed but it wasn't bad; nothing new in the performance though. There were some excellent secondary characters though in Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, Dane DeHaan (played Jessie from the show In Treatment), and Mia Wasikowska (played Sophie from In Treatment). The screenplay was written well enough, but I found it overall to be slow at developing the story, and it was also quite grisly/violent and frequently depressing. Fortunately it had a happy ending otherwise it would have been a complete downer like The Hours. I'm giving it a "Yearning Ability." It reminded me a lot of Public Enemies, so if you like that and stories based off of real events then this film is for you. Oh, and Lawless is about a family of brothers who run moonshine in Virginia back during the era of American prohibition. Gangsters and corruption were the order of the day, so you can imagine the accents and cast of characters it would take to fill the screen. Anyways. Day was relatively unproductive, although I began looking into getting a Masters degree in the field of Business Psychology, but who knows where that will go. I can't seem to make up my mind. Perhaps in the end I may just go with what causes less hassle to make money with. It may seem shallow, but sometimes a headache and stress isn't worth it all, yet sometimes it is. Who knows. Ciao.

Lawless Behind the scenes

Lawless Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment