Monday, October 22, 2012

My First Calzone!

So today I had an exciting culinary adventure; my future brother in-law brought home some pizza calzones which are pizzas folded on themselves for those of you who don't know. I actually enjoyed them immensely, and I might actually try making them in the future sometime. For the most part the day was quite lovely, despite it being rainy, cold along with thunder and lightning which I love of course, it's just a shame I couldn't have been enjoying it in San Diego. I am slowly getting over the fact that I live in northern Illinois once again without any of my friends or connections that I had back in California. Life must go on I suppose. I can't remember if I've mentioned that I'm looking into graduate schools in the Chicago area for MSW programs or not, but I am and that will remain my number 1 goal while I am in this state. After that then I will try to settle down and try once more to begin my own separate life away from my family living elsewhere than the Midwest. I did finally get some writing done today I wrote The Sword and the Shield: Merging Perspectives. I essentially only have three or two stories left before I arrive at the grand conclusion of it all, which is going to be amazing...at least in my perspective. Well the final U.S. Presidential debate was held tonight and it, like its predecessors, was very informative about a multiplicity of issue concerning foreign policy. I personally did not like some of President Obama's answers regarding Iran or the Syrian civil war concerning how his administration has handled those two particular issues. There were also some things Mr. Romney stated that I didn't agree with concerning the grounds for military intervention and the use of drone strikes (which President Obama is also in favor of). The debate certainly gave Americans and pundits much to think about with the election almost two weeks away. Who knows what I'm going to be up to a couple months from now; life certainly promises to be an adventure every time. Maybe I'll get a great new, full time job, perhaps I'll find something to fill the gap of time until I can get into grad school. I guess I will just have to wait and see. In the meanwhile, stay cool, and remember to pay attention to what's going on in your country's political system. The wrong (heavily prevalent) kind of politicians love stupid, and uninformed people.

No comments:

Post a Comment