Monday, September 10, 2012

"This Weapon Is Your Life."


In perhaps the longest time I can remember since I have been in Southern California, it was a very hot and humid day, or rather more humid than hot. Therefore not having air conditioning tried my patience a little bit more today, but fortunately I managed somehow, although I am getting tired of not having A/C especially when I was told that it was supposed to have been fixed ages ago. So despite having a fair amount of time to write I didn't because I couldn't really sit still and focus my attention due to how uncomfortably hot and humid it was. I swear this heat is really beginning to annoy me; it better be one frigid winter coming this year. Well, I watched Attack of the Clones to continue my escapist theme for this week, and despite what is said I did enjoy the film. It is true that there is quite a bit of dialog that makes you want to rip out your ears, but you can either power through it, or listen to it in French. It actually is quite good that way, and if I understood French I would probably watch it that way. I've been wanting to make cookies for a while, but once again the heat was interfering with that (a hot kitchen with an oven on is not pleasant), so I had to wait for nightfall and the temperature to drop before I made my delicious molasses cookies, which turned out fantastic. I think I have indeed mastered them, even working with a temperamental oven. I'm going to continue to cool my apartment down and watch some Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. So far, it is the best Star Trek series I have seen so far; best characters, best plots, best action, and most compelling stories. I don't know what people saw in The Next Generation. Oh well to teach their own.

Attack of the Clones Lightsaber Battle

Attack of the Clones Behind the Scenes

No comments:

Post a Comment