Monday, September 3, 2012

"The Un-Gettable Get!"

Happy Labor to all! About three and a half months until Christmas....or something close to that. Better begin thinking what you're going to get your family members; I am saying this especially for myself since it takes me an enormous amount of time to accomplish this seemingly simplistic task. Well I had a lovely day, although it wasn't technically a holiday for me considering my circumstances, but what can you do. I actually just wrapped some writing that I had been doing for a couple of hours. My screenplay is flowing like Niagara Falls, and it's really shaping up. Characters are taking shape, and the plot is forming smoothly, and surprisingly the dialog isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but the real test will be when I get my two main characters to speak to each other. In the midst of writing and reading, I watched the romantic comedy film Someone Like You, which is personal favorite of my sisters and I. We quote it a lot, and it has a great cast with Ashley Judd, Greg Kinnear, and Hugh Jackman. Definitely one of my favorites; I suppose I tend to enjoy the romantic comedies that have more of a cynical edge to them, rather than the fluffy and sappy ones which adversely repulse me, and I cannot watch teen romances at all, or I should say on the average. Once again I wonder how Ursula Le Guin managed to publish the Earthsea books, because they are so boring. I cannot wait until I am finished with all of them. A good lesson on what not to write, and how not to write. So according to news sources I saw today, 5,000 people have died in Syria in the month of August which the cause is supposed to be the increased use of artillery and air support by the Assad regime. I found it rather irritating that during the Republican National Convention Syria as a pressing international issue wasn't really touched at all, and only Condoleeza Rice seemed focused on foreign policy, though it was narrow in its commentary. We shall see if the democrats fare any better during their convention which I believe begins tomorrow. The Syrians fighting for their freedom deserve more than just words, and the dead that gave their lives and had their lives stolen from them deserve far more than that. Good luck with your work week everyone, hopefully I will be joining you all soon in that regard.

Someone Like You Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment