Tuesday, September 11, 2012

"The Dark Side of the Force is a Pathway to Many Abilities."

The Star Wars Prequel Trilogy is complete, and now for the original trilogy! However, before I get into all of that, let us stop and think what we were doing eleven years ago. At about 9am or so U.S. central time, I was woken by one of my sisters who ushered me to come down the stairs in order to better understand a message that a family friend left on the answering machine from that morning. The person on the phone wanted to know if we were alright and also to tell us that the United States was under attack and some other things that I can't really remember. The two of us turned the news on and saw everything after that; I believe we saw both towers fall as it actually happened, although I cannot really recall any emotions, thoughts, or ideas that were running through my mind. That's pretty much all I remember from that day, at least right now.  I remember watching subsequent news reports about what happened in the following days; it was quite an interesting time. Eleven years later the United States hasn't been attacked again on such a scale, and dictators and terrorists alike have been eliminated who threatened America's and our allies' security on all levels. So many years later who can say what the point of all this reckless and inhumane violence is, or why people really engage in it aside from hate and other basic forms of emotional disturbance. As human beings we must weather the storm, and as Americans we must push forward and look to the future while making the present the best it can possibly for those who cannot and for those who are yet to come. God bless the United States of America, it's protectors, and all of its friends and allies. So Revenge of the Sith was today, and then we'll ironically (if you think of the two titles) get to A New Hope next. I have to say story and dialog wise, it is the best of the prequel trilogy, and remains my second favorite of all the films, but The Empire Strikes Back remains unbeatable. I got up early in the morning did some writing, computer playing, then did quite a bit of apartment cleaning, and then did some more writing. Today was one of those productive days, although a lengthy phone call with one of my sisters kept me from getting as much writing done as I had originally intended. For some reason this week I seem to be brimming with hope and confidence unlike the previous weeks, so perhaps I will finally get what I have been seeking for, for the past 3 months as of today. Thank the maker it was cool and cloudy all day long! I was joyously delighted, and I am really hoping it is like that for days and then remains cool the rest of the year. I think all of America is sick of the heat, especially the farmers and those without air conditioning.

Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi

A Hero Falls Music Video

No comments:

Post a Comment