Saturday, September 8, 2012

"Never Compromise."

"Watch your thoughts for they become words. Watch your words for they become actions. Watch your actions for they become...habits. Watch your habits, for they become your character. And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny! What we think, we become."
                                                                                                     -Margaret Thatcher
                                                                                                       "The Iron Lady" 2012

So it was much cooler today thank goodness, and that seems to be the ongoing trend. Apparently there are even supposed to be scattered thunderstorms around midnight, but I highly doubt that will happen. Haven't been in a good thunderstorm in four years or so. Wow! I can almost remember the last one; I think the thunder was so loud that it woke me from my sleep at about 3am in the morning. Good times. My cake turned out well, although interestingly enough, the topmost part of the cake, along with the very edge, were only parts a little too done. When the cake is really cold though, you don't even notice, so I would say this was a success, although next time less heat might be warranted due to my oven's wretchedness. I watched The Iron Lady this past evening and found it a little more boring then I did before, but I can't argue with Meryl Streep's Oscar winning performance as Margaret Thatcher, which was impressive beyond words. I never knew the former British Prime Minister, but she definitely looks and acts like her body, mind and soul from what I've seen. Definitely recommend this film. Screenplay is booming, but I've almost come to a crossroads in where I'm going to have to make a decision about the characters and the timeline I have. Keep it slow or fast forward through time? It's a tough one. Oh some good news. I spoke with one of my excellent friends, and old college roommate and buddy who recently got engaged and I am going to be one of his groomsmen! So by the time I get to his wedding, it will have been the fourth one I've been in. I suppose I should really have my own eventually; I'll have enough experience with weddings by that point and time. The weather is cooling down, I'm going be in a very good friend's wedding; perhaps things are beginning to look up for me. I could only hope.

The Iron Lady Behind the Scenes

A Documentary on the real Margaret Thatcher and her rise to Notoriety and Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment