Thursday, August 9, 2012

Traveling to Fantasy.

So today I woke up and tripped over a rather large leprechaun on my way to pick up my newspaper, which wasn't something I was anticipating on occurring that early in the morning. The little guy was lucky I was too sleepy to try and capture him so he could lead me to his pot of gold. Oh well. Once the temperature had reached another scorching point, I decided that I could bake some cranberry bread without turning the apartment into an oven since it was already. I must admit that the cranberry bread came out fantastically just as before. Soft and tender with oodles of flavor and moist goodness; oh I have have to say that baking is indeed a gift from the gods. After it cooled and I had....well...many slices of the bread, I think that my skill is growing as a baker. Unlike yesterday I was able to complete another Modern War Story The Sword and the Shield: Snakes of a Different Brood. The plot thickens in this episode, and the questions the reader should be asking is what isn't obvious is where the danger lies. I really enjoyed writing this episode, but I have a feeling that the episode where I reveal everything will be my ultimate favorite. I edited another chapter from A Tale of 3 Brothers and continued to prep for part 2 of the story arc. So after dinner, which I have to admit was rather boorish, I began reading Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea story with her first book "A Wizard of Earthsea." I think I might have read a few pages before I was bored out of my mind, but then I got interested and then bored again, and then interested again. As it stands, I am interested in the main character Sparrowhawk, and the story is mildly interesting but I'm not impressed. I think I one time heard this book being referred to as part of a "beloved saga," which so far I haven't a clue how it garnered such praise. I'm a little over 50 pages into it and I feel like the narrative is still in prologue mode with how her style of writing is. Jeesh, I can't seem to pick good books lately; is it really that hard to locate good and compellingly interesting books. How do many of these writers get published and famous for crap? It is quite astounding. News wise I was reading the Wall Street Journal when I came across an article referring to the tyrannical rule of Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo of Equatorial Guinea, which is located on the central west coast of Africa. It has one of the worst human rights records in the world, and has been consistently amongst the worst of the worst for a long time. Let's just say that North Korea and this country would get along just dandy, and I'm sure we could toss the Chinese government, Iran, Syria, and Saudi Arabia in there as well for good measure. Hopefully one day those people will receive their freedom just I hope the North Koreans, Iranians, Chinese, Syrians, and Saudi Arabians do. The week has ended nearly. Oh and instead of returning to the freezer since it was so hot when I got my wand, I just visited Alaska instead and hung out with some talking polar bears that were drinking coca-cola. It was great!

Premium Rush Trailer (it looked mildly interesting, and it has Joseph Gordon-Levitt in it).

No comments:

Post a Comment