Friday, August 17, 2012

It's Going to be a Long Month.

The local newspaper says that it's going to be in the 90's for the next week or so, which wasn't very delightful to hear, yet when I looked up the weather online they said it was going to be in the low 80's or thereabouts. I'm really hoping it is the latter, because this high, hot heat without air conditioning is getting really old, really quickly. As a matter of fact it is paralyzing, which I can understand as a child coping with it, but as an adult I can't really do too much with temperatures that high. I mean for Pete's sake I picked up a glass in my apartment that had been sitting on the kitchen counter and it was very warm to the touch. Oh and I just got done eliminating a wasp that I found crawling around on the carpet in my living room. I smashed that thing with a sandal and still it lived. Then I got the vacuum cleaner and sucked it up with it, and still it lived. The bloody thing wouldn't die; it was like it was the equivalent of a radioactive cockroach. Moving along. I made some molasses cookies since I figured it couldn't get any hotter in the apartment, and of course they turned out delightfully chewy, soft and tender. I'm getting close to mastering them, which means I'm going to have to make another cookie that I like and master that. I did a little bit of writing, but as I mentioned above I was paralyzed by the heat most of the day. Even when a fan is blowing hot air on you, it doesn't cool oneself down very well so perspiring while attempting to write isn't very productive. I guess I should find a place to go and be cool at while I write that has air conditioning, that would be logical I suppose. Well, everyone have a great weekend!

Trouble With the Curve Trailer (it looks good except for Justin Timberlake's presence).

No comments:

Post a Comment