Monday, August 27, 2012

Anyone Feeling Super?

To point out, I am not in the least feeling super, but hopefully the rest of you are. Today was fine. It's getting hot again here in Southern California so that was a bummer. I finished reading "The Tombs of Atuan" and it wasn't too excruciatingly painful, but it was really short, boring, and the written structure was pretty dreadful. This is what they wrote about the author, Ursula K. Le Guin: ...is one of the most beloved and distinguished fantasy and science fiction writers of all time. She has won countless awards for her work.....and it goes on to list some examples of the awards she received aside from providing a mini biography. Now granted I have only read two of her books, but if that sampling is truly representative of all of her work then I guess her readers are mesmerized by some sort of spell, because there's no way her first 2 books should have won any form of award, honor, or even readers. I hate to sound very harsh, but honestly if you're hailed as the best then I would think that high standards should come with it, along with high expectations. Anyways. Then I sat down to do some writing and I just couldn't bring myself to do any of it. I don't know if the one episode of my Modern War series that I am stuck on is something I just don't want to write, or if I have suddenly lost interest in the series and finishing it. I suppose part of me doesn't want to go on because my brain is thinking what the point of writing more of the stories would be when probably hardly anyone reads them along with the majority of the material I publish on my website. So there is a severe lack of motivation, which for writing basically means dead end; nothing will get accomplished without motivation. Thus I have to obtain some motivation, or maybe move on to something else. I decided to watch Super 8 tonight, which I haven't seen since it was released in theatres. It actually was better than I remembered it and watching it again was really enjoyable. I remember when the majority of kids in America used their imaginations to entertain themselves with, now kids can't live without their iPhones, apps, video games, internet, or television. And people wonder why America is perceived as a "declining" global power. Ciao!

Super 8 Cast Interviews

Super 8 Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment