Sunday, July 22, 2012

"You Should Never Trust an Employer."

So I was reading The Book of Genesis in the Bible this morning and came across the story of Jacob working for his uncle Laban, and how his uncle gave him his daughter Leah instead of Rachel. Suddenly my mind went to Fiddler on the Roof when Perchik is teaching Tevye's daughters his...interpretation of what the story meant. I don't actually agree that you shouldn't trust your employers, but you should just be very careful how you behave and what you say about who and where you work. So of course I had a hankering to watch the film after that, and while I was watching the film I filled out a job application which was....an interesting experience; haven't done that in a while. In morning I did a little shopping so I could make home made tacos, which turned out be delicious (I have a very special old family recipe for the seasoning for the meat), and I watched Law & Order while I read the Sunday Paper. Golf would have been preferable, but I haven't hooked up my antennae to my television yet. It was actually a very relaxing and lovely day, mostly. With all of that written I feel like blah; kind of weird. Getting ready for something new always makes me a little anxious, and tomorrow I'm going to "test" for a potential job, so wish me luck with the whole experience. So I'm going to get some sleep and chill. Hope that everyone enjoyed their weekend, and if you saw The Dark Knight Rises I hope that you found it entertaining and enjoyable without any difficulties or problems. I might see it again this week, or maybe next week just to nail down my thoughts for certain on how much I liked or didn't like it.

A Scene from Fiddler on the Roof (one of my favorite)

Wedding Scene from Fiddler on the Roof

No comments:

Post a Comment