Thursday, July 26, 2012

Powering to the End.



There are just some days when you can't think of a really good or catchy blog title. It's funny as I was sitting down to type, I was trying to remember what day it was. Not having a full time job has certainly been throwing me off. So today I powered through almost 200 pages of Inheritance and still I plan to read more before the night is gone; there was a good portion of it that was easy to skim through as it was full with unnecessary details unrelated to the plot. Since I kind of critiqued the book yesterday, I won't do so tonight and save the most of it for my book review of it. Unfortunately the only bit of writing at all I was able to get done was a score review of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2. I didn't give it particularly good ratings, but there a few bright spots to an otherwise dull score by Alexandre Desplat. Did some cleaning in the apartment and then decided to make some cranberry bread, which I haven't tasted yet as it is best served cooled, but it smells incredibly tasty. Last year when I bought cranberries I got quite a few bags and froze them, since cranberries don't seem to be sold year round which is lame, or I have yet to find out how to purchase them. As I was reading the Wall Street Journal several headlines were about how the American economy might slump back into recession, and that Americans aren't spending enough, which is making me think, "perfect timing for not having a job, nor being able to find one." So yeah, that end isn't going very well. Life is going to get very, very difficult soon. I guess God is going to have to really pull out all of the stops to amend this problem. I think my picky behavior is about to morph into.....desperation sounds like too strong of a word, but that would fit the bill fairly accurately. Here's to far better dreams than I experienced last night; Freud would have had a field day with interpreting my dreams, and speaking of that I had another one of those dreams within a dream. It was rather strange.

Procession (selection from The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2)

The Tunnel (selection from The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment