Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Next Series.


Sunday is one of my most favorite days to relax for some reason. I got up today and went through the paper and watched the original Law & Order for a bit, and then spoke to my sister. My favorite cast from that show is: A.D.A Jack McCoy (Sam Waterson), Det. Lenny Briscoe (Jerry Orbach), Det. Rey Curtis (Benjamin Bratt), D.A. Arthur Branch (Fred Dalton Thompson), A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael (Angie Harmon), and Lt. Anita Van Buren (S. Epatha Merkerson). It is also my ideal cast as well; a pity not all of them were together for longer. There were times when I was thinking that I would do some writing, but then whenever I would get the opportunity and time, and drive would just not be there. I know I have the children's book to write since I got done with the story outline and all, but lately I just haven't been feeling the motivation to write; no passion whatsoever, kind of like a flat line on a heart monitor which really sucks. Perhaps it's time I begin writing something else instead, and wow I just got a brilliant idea! Love it when that happens. For me as a writer new ideas for stories just come out of anywhere and developing them is the part I love the most. Then it comes time to sit down and pen the chapters...well not always the part that I prefer, but it is the part that matters most since it is the phase which gets you to a roughly finished project. Hopefully this week will I not only find a job, but that I will also get things moving along on the 2nd edition of The Curse of a Warrior and my website; I think I need to update it a little. Since I finished Star Trek: The Next Generation I began watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine a couple of days ago and I actually like it so far. I like how different it is so far from is predecessor; Captain Picard was obnoxious I found. Such a good loyal, obedient, upstanding soldier it drove me nuts; I prefer to have someone who isn't afraid to bend the rules ever so slightly and within reason. I am going to finish that series, and then I am going to begin Star Trek: Voyager. So it looks like I have over another year and a half to go on that account, or longer depending on the frequency of episodes that I watch. I try not to become an addict to television shows; I think I need to pay a visit to the library tomorrow and get myself a good book. Well, let's see what the week holds. May the Force be with us all.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Intro (Really, really good use of brass instruments; an incredible motif).

No comments:

Post a Comment