Friday, July 13, 2012

It Seems Like Generations Ago......

Back in 1995 Star Trek: Generations was released into theatres and grossed approximately $118,071,125 with a production budget of $35 million, and I was surprised to find that it was rated PG, not that it should have been rated higher but I thought that it was. I remember seeing it a few years after it was off the big screen. It was probably the first substantial bit of Star Trek: The Next Generation that I had seen; I don't think I had been watching the series very much at that point. It was weird to watch the film in whole since the last time I had seen it my father had edited a VHS version of it and I think I might have been about....12 years old or so maybe a little younger. It's pretty much as I remember it mostly, but I was very thankful that version of the Enterprise ship crashed. The newer class of ship in Star Trek: First Contact was far better, not to mention a far better film as well. After that point the films kind of sucked really bad, but Star Trek: Nemesis could have been better if they had worked on the screenplay a whole lot more. It was great to see William Shatner reprise his role as Captain Kirk, and he will always be my favorite Star Trek captain/commander of all time, and then I like Captain Janeway from Star Trek: Voyager, followed so far by Commander Sisko Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and lastly by Captain Piccard. There is something about his annoying stickler ways on Starfleet policy, and his rigid sense of duty that irritate me; I prefer a little more cleverness and brevity in a commander, and someone who isn't afraid to bend the rules and perhaps occasionally break them for a greater good. So enough about Star Trek. The day was good I suppose. I had a good family friend come out and chill for a while. We chatted about politics, life (and how much it can suck), college, and The Sword in the Stone. I got some writing done, did a little of reading of my Napoleon book, and was able to relax for a bit. If it wasn't for these massive headaches throughout the day, it all would have been fantastic. I would have liked cooler weather, but I am not going to complain and jinx it all. At least it hasn't been as hot here as it has been in the Midwestern United States. Hopefully my headaches are gone tomorrow. Have an awesome weekend everyone!

William Shatner & Patrick Stewart on Star Trek

Star Trek: Generations Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment