Monday, July 2, 2012

Busy Doing Nothing.


Which isn't entirely true. The phrase popped into my head and then I remembered watching this Bing Crosby film called A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (from 1949), in which they have a song/sequence with those very words. It was a film that my family and I watched a lot when I was a child, so I was hoping to find it online. So I punched it in on Youtube and was astounded to find the scene, so I attached it below; you may think it is corny, but feeling nostalgic I had to post it. I actually did quite a bit today. I perused the job market in my area, posted my resume, and looked for jobs in the county. A shame I don't have my master's degree yet, or I'd already have a job. Give me some time on that one though. Then I switched over to writing after some playtime and am approaching the finale/climax to my children's story for the outline. Soon if I can motivate myself, I should have the story outline done by tomorrow and I could begin writing the book on Wednesday. I don't think I've ever come up with a story idea and moved onto a book so fast, and trust me the story, characters, and plot are good; nothing was rushed in the quality department. Now writing the book will be the difficult task, especially since I've never written for a children's age group before. I suppose though I am up for the challenge. The 7th week of In Treatment arrived today and although nothing really intense happened for that week, I have a sneaking suspicion that something huge will happen next week. Paul (the therapist) still strikes me as a poor therapist, but I have to admit that he is growing on me, as are some of the patients. Which means I suppose that the show is growing on me. Later on I was flipping through some films on Netflix and saw that Transformers: Dark of the Moon was on streaming, so I watched the beginning and flipped through the rest of the film. It was on my DVD queue because I thought that I may want to watch it again, but then after watching what little I did, I think I could be content for the rest of my life never watching that entire film again. The soldiers and robots are the only good parts of that film. About 29 days left of July; I can't wait to see what the future holds.

"Busy Doing Nothing" Song from A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Transformers: Dark of the Moon Documentary

No comments:

Post a Comment