Saturday, July 28, 2012

And The Games Are On!


So the first event I saw was Women's Beach Volleyball, although I could have watched cycling and basketball, but that wasn't really something that interested me. So team USA seems to be doing well so far, although Great Britain and Japan seem to be doing rather well too. At the moment I am watching the Men's Gymnastics qualifying rounds, and good lord are those men strong and disciplined! Unfortunately the Chinese team in gymnastics hasn't been doing so hot, although I did see a number of good performances. The annoying thing about seeing things taped is that you are at the mercy of the broadcast station's schedule and what they want you to see. Oh by the way, the more I thought about the opening ceremony from yesterday, the more I thought that I liked the beginning of it with the Pastoral contrasting with the Industrial Revolution; Kenneth Branagh was a very nice touch. Still after that though, I wasn't a big fan of the remaining stuff, although the lighting of the torch was impressive. Anyways. I wrote a review of the book Inheritance and almost continued to write another Modern War Story, but I wasn't really feeling it when I sat down to write, which is weird because I've felt that way all of this week. For a writer that is very frustrating, and I despise forcing myself to write, but sometimes that's what you have to do in order to get anything done. Well after my marathon to read through the final Eragon book, I will now be returning to reading about Napoleon and the French Revolution. I can't believe that in 3 days it will be August 1st! Time never stops, not once, not at all. So right now there is Women's Swimming going on, so I'm going to watch that and keep going until midnight. I hope the world is enjoying the 30th Olympics, and enjoying it's weekend as well. Let us not forget the people of Syria and other oppressed nations that are fighting for their freedom.

Ryan Lochte after he wins the gold medal in 400 meter individual swim

The 2012 U.S. Men's & Women's Olympic Gymnastics Teams

No comments:

Post a Comment