Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Recovery.

The title says it all. Basically all I did today was chill, do nothing, and talk to people. My family has been very helpful so far in comforting me and assuring me of their support in any way that they can. My friends and old co-workers have also been fantastic with helping me out so far. I think the whole getting fired thing and being unemployed is beginning to be okay with me, I'm not thrilled about not having a paying/full-time job but I'm accepting what happened. However, whenever I think back on work I begin to feel depressed and slightly angered. I had difficulty figuring out why I felt this way, and then I realized it was because I was going to miss the kids I worked with. Despite everything that happened between the clients and I, yes I will miss them and some more than others. What really sucks is that I didn't get to say goodbye to any of these kids; there was no closure for them or me. In a sense we had become a kind of family since I had been there for over 2 years, and then in a matter of hours it was all over. I'm not entirely certain what the company I worked for has in mind when they state that they are trying to not re-traumatize the kids, yet do something like this which I am pretty certain will impact at least a few of the kids fairly negatively. It's their company though, and they can do what they want; it's really easy to make sweeping decisions from a cushy chair in air conditioning as leaders throughout all of time have done. Time to move on though; as it is said, no rest for the wicked. I was talking to my sister, and I told her that I must be getting popular or controversial if I am getting fired for what I write about on my blog. Not certain if that is a good way to find out or not, or if it might just be wishful thinking. Who knows. I thought about writing today, but whenever I am distracted emotionally or worried about something it is difficult for me to write. My memoirs from....my previous working experiences could be something that I could write about, although I suppose I should finish that Modern Warfare series. Now that I have no job I should be able to find all kinds of time to write! Why doesn't that excite me? Hmm.... Hopefully by tomorrow I should be able to pick myself back together and get moving on with life, unless of course something else unexpected happens that is negative, which would be just my luck to. Prayers for guidance, positivity, and all of that kind of stuff would be most appreciated. Oh yeah, and I will not be blogging about that job ever again, or paying one for a couple of weeks at least. Here we go.

The Clone Wars Season 5 Trailer (It looks so amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment