Monday, June 25, 2012

The Immortal Words of Socrates.

"I drank what?" I actually stole that from an 80's film called Real Genius which stars Val Kilmer; very, very, very amusing and clever. I highly recommend it, although I grew up on an edited version my father created so us kids could watch it, which is the one I favor. I actually did rearrange the furniture in my living room and true to style after I had unplugged my internet stuff it didn't work like it was supposed to, so I couldn't post anything unfortunately but it happens I guess. I am doing it now though because, well why not. Yesterday sucked a lot, but here I am today. I did some writing, or rather brainstorming. I'm attempting to come up with an entirely different type of species that doesn't resemble anything humanoid, or any other type of creature on this planet. Talk about a brain exercise all in itself, I actually had to take a break because I was really trying to put my mind outside of every box that could be conceived of, so to speak. I was able to get a few good species, but I cheated when I created them. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work; if I wouldn't have been so doggone put off I would have been able to do so much more. I watched Beauty & The Beast the Walt Disney version. Even though they could be critiqued as being children's films and stories, films and stories of the like help fuel my imagination and my escapist need to evacuate reality. Speaking of getting out of reality, you know I've discovered that writers are like gods. We create life, civilizations, planets, people, and can destroy any of it at will. I suppose if you follow that line of thinking, if you create anything and in a way give it life, then you are a god with that logic. Huh. That's very interesting food for thought. Give's new meaning for being made in God's image as the Bible claims. As you can see my internet is back up and operational so hopefully it will remain that way for the rest of the day and week for that matter. I'm rather tired of experiencing difficulties with that marvelous invention. Congratulations to Egypt for electing its latest President, hopefully the military and other entities will not crush this blossoming democracy but let it grow and change as time passes, much like the United States did and now is. We weren't always opened minded when it came to personal rights and freedom.

A Scene from Real Genius (I find it quite hilarious; my sisters and I quoted it a lot growing up).

Anna Karenina Trailer (certainly looks interesting, but any good? We'll see).

Beauty and the Beast Prologue. (Absolutely stunning music and visuals, no wonder it was nominated for a few Academy Awards).

No comments:

Post a Comment