Friday, June 8, 2012

"I'm Having an Old Friend for Dinner."

For some reason after being around severely emotionally disturbed children all day I decided to watch The Silence of the Lambs where sociopaths are in abundance. I love that film; Anthony Hopkins and Jodie Foster are astounding, and the film truly deserved the Best Picture Oscar that it received. It also has excellent quotable lines some of my favorite are, "It rubs the lotion on it's back or else it get's the hose." "People will say we're in love." "Have the lambs stopped screaming, Clarice?" And of course the line that I put in the title of the post. Good times. Work was quite....difficult once I got around 1pm. I was asked to switch out with this one staff who was dealing with a client who was experiencing some difficulties adjusting to being at the facility since he was fairly new. I had never really interacted with this child or spoke with this child before, and wasn't really talking to him even when I got involved in the situation. Mistake number 1; sitting too close to client in bad mood. The client out of nowhere punched me right in the face and I was caught completely unprepared, and somehow he punched me in the face again shortly thereafter. I was severely scratched multiple times, he kicked and punched me multiple times all over my body (fortunately missing the tender nether regions), and worst crowning moment of the assault was him spitting directly in my face. Somehow I was able to remain a sea calm, but upon returning to my apartment I had to find a healthy way to vent my.....frustration at the situation. I didn't get any black eyes and the scratches are mostly gone now, but that client could punch hard and good, and his aim wasn't too bad either. Think your job is bad or challenging? Remember this scenario, and then think to yourself that perhaps it could always be worse (not much of a consolation, but hey reality sucks most of the time). The client was eventually able to calm down and chill, I'm actually amazed that he was unable to bite me, for which I am very thankful for. Hopefully that will be the extent of my difficulties this weekend, but that might be too much to hope for. I hope that every one of you has a pleasant weekend regardless of what you are doing or surviving.

Anthony Hopkins winning the Oscar

The Silence of the Lambs Documentary (looks really good.)

No comments:

Post a Comment