Saturday, June 16, 2012

Friends, Family & Their Value.

I find that people usually aren't fully aware of how much they need friends and family until they actually really need them; therefore we either undervalue or take them for granted in the mean time. I wouldn't say that this is a constant factor all of the time, but for me lately it is amazing how much friends and family are helping me get through this crisis in my life in even the smallest of ways. Today I spent a good amount of time with a very good friend of mine that I met while going to college; I am also very close with her entire family, and that is what they became to me kind of like a second family out here where I live. Having a friend to talk with about life and also to enjoy it with creates a useful distraction from the irritations and horrors of life. Today I didn't do much in the way of writing per se, although I did begin working on a very special project which I will not discuss at all on this blog for a very, very long time. Wisdom now teaches me to carefully guard my words that get broadcast around the world as fools and busybodies are in an abnormal abundance. Did you like that alliteration there. I like those little literary accidents that happen when you write. I spoke to me mum today about what happened at my previous place of employment and she had some good things to say, and helped distract me from all of that crap. We were chatting about good things to eat when she informed me of some "super foods" that you should try to eat a couple times a week for many reasons which I cannot remember. Let's see......: black olives, salmon, cranberries, blueberries, broccoli, cauliflower, and nuts are seemingly the only ones that I can remember at the moment, although I'm certain there's a few more. Try to eat these foods as close to the source as you possibly can to receive their full benefits. Also, try to at least do 20 minutes of exercising a day at the bare minimum apparently; she got all of this from The South Beach Diet which from what I understand is pretty solid, although I don't know if I could consistently exercise that much a day unless I had someone to do it with. Family and friends therefore are extremely important, even though there are several times you'd like to proverbially strangle them for some of the dumbest and most ridiculous things. If people are inherently valuable and priceless, then how much more are family and friends.

The South Beach Diet Eating Suggestions (yes I know this is a blog primarily about writing, but I take what comes at me and there ya go).


No comments:

Post a Comment