Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Try Not to Panic.

So today. Well, I guess I was busy although it went by fairly quickly and there wasn't much that I did which was interesting. I went grocery shopping and the came back and did some relaxing, which of course took up half of the afternoon. I then actually reviewed the manuscript for the 2nd edition of The Curse of A Warrior that my print manager from the publisher finally sent me. I had to make certain that the layout for the book didn't have any problems and was what I wanted which it for the most part did thankfully. Hopefully the changes I requested won't take too long to make I'd really like to get this edition out of the way so I can move on to the second book. I wrote a few old friends and then for dinner I sat down to watch a film called Politics of Love but I could after 2 minutes that it was going to really, really suck so I got rid of it and instead put on Panic which was much better thankfully (due to the cast mostly). William H. Macy played the main character, then there was John Ritter who played a psychiatrist, static as a character but it was nice to see him on the screen again. Donald Sutherland who I always love seeing on the screen, and Neve Campbell who has always struck me as a good actress but very odd. William H. Macy plays a man who is trying to get out of the family business of being a hired killer that his father played by Donald Sutherland began. While at the psychologist, John Ritter, he meets Neve Campbell who breathes life into his mundane order of how he does things. It was a fairly light drama and despite a few good moments, and some really good moments interacting with his son, the film was quite flat; not bad, but not really that good either. I can't really say anything good about it aside from Donald Sutherland and the scenes where William H. Macy interacted with his on-screen son. I'm giving it a "Yearning Ability" and I wouldn't per se recommend anyone to see this film, but it definitely is an interesting story about a man trying to escape his father's grip and keep his son from experiencing the same thing that he did. No news on the Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng and the President along with his cabinet continues to be mum on the issue along with their Chinese counterparts. Should be interesting to see how all of this pans out, along with the U.N.'s useless scoldings of Assad and his butchering army. Hopefully some good can appear somewhere in the world as all of this diabolical evil seems to be pouring out from everywhere; good Lord knows that the world needs another big jolt of hope.

Panic Trailer

The Dark Knight Rises Trailer 3. Looks very promising, although strange in a way as well. Should be interesting to see how it all ends in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment