Monday, May 28, 2012

In Memoriam.


I would like to honor all of those brave men and women that have fallen to their deaths in defense of not only the United States of America, but for people around the globe who desire liberty and peace. Giving up one's life is the greatest sacrifice, and without those many deaths the freedom that most of the world enjoys would be non-existent. Secondly, I would like to thank all of the women and men that continue to serve in defense of this freedom and also bravely spread it to those countries which are without, or possess very few freedoms. Thirdly, I would like to thank all of the retired soldiers that served and protected for their appointed term; not only does your nation owe you a debt of eternal gratitude, but also the world. Your hard work, sacrifices of all kinds, and general selflessness will forever etch you in history. Lastly, I would like to give my admiration to those who are not labeled as "soldiers" per se, but fight for their liberties and rights in countries like Syria, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Lebanon, Iran, North Korea, China, Cuba, Myanmar, and several others. My prayers go out to you and your families, as does my respect and awe. Is is people like you who will change the world; I encourage you, and many others to keep changing it. So today wasn't too bad at work. We actually had plenty of staff and the SED's were relatively well behaved fortunately for us. I made chocolate cheesecake for my writing group and it went over spectacularly. I have to say something. I don't know how many of you like wearing tennis shoes with nice suits, but I am not one of those people. Let's say that you were asked to wear a pair of pumas to a wedding that you would be in (and you were a guy) and you had purchased a really nice suit, now why would you want to wear tennis shoes with that? It boggles my mind, and even as I think about it I get repulsed. Yes I am referring to a wedding that I will be a part of this year, and although I care for the groom a lot, I have to say that this whole shoe thing is....dumb for lack of a better term. Perhaps, I am making something out of nothing, but personally it just looks tacky, and I think I am going to look like a geek. There ya have it, and now my days off begin and soon May will be over in a matter of days. I hope all of you enjoyed your holiday.

They'll Remember You


No comments:

Post a Comment