Friday, May 11, 2012

Are You Expendable?

Fortunately nothing got thrown at me while I was at work, although I didn't really have much of a window to do so. I was elected by our supervisor for the shift, or rather the gentleman who acts like the supervisor since the real one is either off doing....well stuff or playing games on Facebook. Anyways. I was chosen because of my background in general construction to paint one of the rooms that is being renovated at our facility. At first I thought that it was going to be a quick paint job since I was essentially just touching up, but I ended up giving everything a second coat and painting some stuff that hadn't been touched at all during the first round of painting which was shoddily done. That took me about.....four and a half hours or so of continuous painting, so I should sleep well tonight hopefully. I got stuck again with the incompetent co-worker that would rather sleep, play on her phone, and read a book than work. Despite forgetting that I left my phone at work, if I wasn't hurrying up to get everything finished before I had to leave I might not have forgotten it, but of course I had to finish up everything and in my haste of course I left my cellphone at work. I didn't realize it until I was halfway home; far too late to go back, and so I have lived through the evening without it. Since I don't have the internet, don't talk that often, and occasionally text I haven't really missed it. I am one of those fortunate few that is not a captive to their phone; I don't really want to become dependent on something that small and mechanical. I emailed my print manager from my publisher and hopefully after this email we will be moving on to completing the cover art, if he doesn't forget anything else. Such an inadequate incompetent; I don't know why I seem to attract people like that no matter where I am. I watched The Expendables tonight after wanting to do so for quite some time. I liked it. It is perhaps the only pure action film that I would like, and enjoy to watch again. Now it wasn't stunning or amazing, but it was highly entertaining, witty, and very nostalgic to see all of those old action stars blowing up stuff and kicking people around. I liked the relationship that Sylvester Stallone and Jason Statham had, and both of them were also my favorites in this film along with Mickey Rourke. I could care less about the story, as it was bloody obvious why anyone would want to see this film. The action was astounding, although a little too surreal at times, but the car chases were actually quite dynamically performed; usually car chases with guns are overly predictable and thus boring. I'm giving the film a "Strong Ability" despite the lack of a good story line, but I liked the fact that there wasn't any romance going on. This film actually focused on one of Freud's internal drives: violence instead of sex. Well, I have a long day of work tomorrow so I am going to get some sleep and call it a night.

Brian Tyler scoring The Expendables

Expendables 2 Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment