Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Titans and Oil.

It was a rather long day, not necessarily eventful but I was constantly busy. I did talk to my landlord about the big bug issue, but that all seems to be taken care of for now thankfully. Hopefully the bugs will just go away though. After getting up in the morning and taking a shower and getting most of my daily reading done, I went and saw Wrath of the Titans. Unfortunately I wasn't able to write a review of it today like I usually do because of how busy I was afterwards. The film was........entertaining to say the least. The 3-D was notably better than it was in its predecessor, as was the action, but the story writing and screenplay remained relatively weak. It was a purely action driven film, which to me is getting boring after seeing so many because things tend to blend after a while unless something original and innovative is done. The performances by the gods (Liam Neeson as Zeus, Ralph Fiennes as Hades, Bill Nighy as Hephaestus and even Edgar Ramirez as Ares) were the finest of the cast. Sam Worthington as Perseus was fine, but there was no character development at all; he didn't grow really at all from the first film, which was a huge disappointment for me. Rosamund Pike as Andromeda was a fantastic choice, but she wasn't unfortunately given much to use her phenomenal skills as an actress. I really enjoy Toby Kebbell (Agenor) usually, but I wasn't very thrilled with his character or his performance in this film. This film is essentially a special effects, 3-D extravaganza and was designed around that kind of thinking. Pure action was all this film was; the story was a mere conveyance for the effect shots and action, which is a real shame because there was a lot of potential here for great stories since so much of Greek mythology is the bedrock for heroic western archetypes. I give it the rating of "Admirable Ability" as it just didn't come off that strong for me; the lacking going on in the writing was a highly noticeable negative. Many people will be thrilled with it, but I wasn't. After watching the film I went to Wal-Mart and acquired the items needed for an oil change for my vehicle. Everything went well and I was even able to get some other maintenance done on my vehicle while I waited for the oil to drain out all of the way. By that time it was late afternoon, so I decided it would be a good idea to eat something and peruse the internet and check my email and other usual stomping grounds. After dinner, I had a friend come over and fix my computer and it works wonderfully as of now, and sounds like it is off; all of the fans are so quiet. He was over for a while doing some other enhancements to my system and we chatted for a bit, so it was very late at that point. Thanks Tim, you are a lifesaver and an amazing friend. I then returned a call to my sister Paula and we chatted for about an hour about all kinds of things. During our conversation I tried to write this blog entry, but I couldn't divide my attention between the conversation and what I was trying to write so I just chatted with her. I haven't even looked through any of my newspapers yet due to the lack of time which is frustrating; I hate paying for something that I don't utilize thoroughly. Now I'm either going to watch an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation  or read my newspapers; not quite certain which one I'll do.

Wrath of the Titans Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment