Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Yes. We Will Start With Revenge."

So I exchange one trouble for another trouble, but such is life. I finally got my previous financial problems associated with my previous roommate resolved at last today thank goodness, but then I might have a potential problem brewing at work. If the Force is with it will only have remained a potential difficulty and nothing more, but if not life could prove to be irritatingly burdensome. Security is mortal's chiefest enemy, especially in the work place; Shakespeare knew what he was talking about. Since my financial house is back in order I went grocery shopping at last today after running quite low on supplies, and made myself a very scrumptious dinner. I watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy as it came out on DVD and Bluray today. It was still as suspenseful and compelling as when I first saw it in the theatre. Gary Oldman truly delivered a fantastic performance, and it would have been nice had he won the Academy Award for Best Actor, but I suppose I'll have to be content with the knowledge of how good of a performance he gave. So today it will be the last Clone Wars Tuesday for a long time since the season 4 finale has come and gone; Revenge. Yes Darth Maul returns back to what he was (with some changes) in The Phantom Menace with some help from Mother Talzin. That has got to be one of the coolest villains/slash not villains in the history of such individuals; I would love to know more about her and the Nightsisters. Savage Oppress was much better in this episode and the previous one than in the last season, and he makes a good balance to Darth Maul who sounds and comes across as much more sophisticated, better trained, and cool headed. Sam Witwer was phenomenal as the fallen Sith Lord's voice and ever since his performance as The Brother in last season I was anxious to see him reprise his voice again in the series. The plot of the episode is very simple; Darth Maul wants to kill Obi-Wan Kenobi for trying to kill him and taking subsequent years away from him. Obi-Wan fights Darth Maul and Savage, but he gets some unlikely help from an old enemy which I thought was an odd but interesting turn of events. It was a good season finale and perhaps the best yet of the four seasons, and it even had the best season opening as well. I think overall season four was the finest yet with many marked improvements in story telling, visual depth, and character development. Well there was my day; kind of boring with no writing accomplished. Got plenty of sleep and a fully stomach; sometimes you can't ask for anything else but that.

Clone Wars clip from the Season 4 Finale "Revenge"

Latest Snow White and the Huntsman Trailer. It actually looks quite good, and perhaps even a little bit impressive despite who plays the role of Snow White.

No comments:

Post a Comment