Thursday, March 8, 2012

Valor and Heroes.


I have been putting off seeing this film for a while, but after seeing I haven't a clue why I was doing that. Act of Valor was a satisfying viewing experience, truly and I mean that in the most literal way. Even while writing my review I found it difficult how to describe why I enjoyed it so much, and why it deserved the lofty praise I bestowed upon it. I gave it my highest rating, "Super Ability" because it truly was super. The visuals were stunning, the cinematography was breathtakingly genius, and I loved the camera angles. The camaraderie though, as real as it truly is, that was huge, and how these men, these active-duty SEAL's give their lives over to potential death each and every day for Americans so that I can sit here in my apartment in San Diego and type out my thoughts for the world to see and read without fear of reciprocity either from the government or some terrorist, that is immeasurably beyond my comprehension, and the military has my immeasurable thanks. I forget where the day went, but I wasn't able to get any of the writing done for the Witch story like I had wanted to, but the progress that is there is good. My good friend Victoria had a birthday yesterday, so I would just like to wish her all of the love, luck, and joy in the world! Work continues again tomorrow, although it seems to be getting better aside from the lazy staff that I seem to always be stuck with. I can work with her, but it is a difficult task and one that I do not find very enjoyable. Hopefully, God willing, that will be the extent of my problems this weekend. So there ya have it: here is a poem from the film Act of Valor; I found it brilliant and inspiring I hope all of you do as well.

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one
About your religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long
And it's purpose in the service of your people.

When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with
Fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more
Time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song,
And die like a hero going home."
                                  -Tecumseh


Johnny Depp as Tonto and Armie Hammer as John Reid in The Lone Ranger
set to be released in 2013.

Making of Act of Valor

No comments:

Post a Comment