Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Hunger Games!

"May the odds be ever in your favor." Or something like that. Yes today I braved the movie theatre and saw The Hunger Games despite my reservations about the film. My sister convinced me to see it, and although it was relatively entertaining, I didn't care much for it. I personally think it is a teenybopper film despite the gravity of its subject matter which about ruins it for me; epic teenybopper films like this and Twilight really aren't my forte. To those of you who enjoy this though, good for you. Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen was about the only really good thing, aside from the excellent costume and make-up design, that I took away from this film going experience which is why I gave it an "Admirable Ability" rating. There was something I just didn't like about it, and I am still trying to figure out what that was. Despite having good pace, there was something that bored me. Anyways. I had quite the busy day running errands, doing laundry, and all of that ever so charming day-to-day responsibility crap that adults have to do. I just finished reading the local newspaper and The Wall Street Journal. I won't step into politics, but the next couple of weeks should be very interesting, especially what comes out of the U.S. Supreme Court. I suppose for the most part though, my day was quite ordinary despite being quite busy. I've been watching a lot of Frasier lately, and I have to admit that I get a lot of good laughs from that show every time that I watch it, and would like to thank my sister Paula for getting me into it. Well, since the Clone Wars season 4 has come to a magnificent conclusion there will be no more of that until season 5 begins in September later this year. Looks like I am going to have a fairly busy week, so I'm going to watch something on the television and then off to bed.

The Hunger Games Trailer

Interview with Jennifer Lawrence about making The Hunger Games

No comments:

Post a Comment