Saturday, March 31, 2012

Eventful Evenings.

I was one of the very fortunate people of the world to have Ari (one of my co-workers) cooking for me tonight. After work, she and another co-worker of mine came over to my apartment for dinner, excellent conversation, and a film. She made chicken fajitas, and boy were they delicious beyond words. It was a fantastic treat, and my home made angel food cake from scratch (no mix) was a huge success as well. Going back to work for a moment though. It was a very long day. I had one SED after another SED screaming and tantrumming, and trying to kill one another. And then of course when these couple of SED's were playing hockey of all things, one of the kids swung and as he did so another one came up behind him and smashed him in the head. Blood of course was pouring everywhere and I had to run and get something to sop it up with; it was rather gnarly and I tried not to look at it. I got out of work as quickly as I could; I didn't want to get trapped there just in case something happened. As of now I am quite exhausted so my peace about Hugo, the film we watched tonight, will be succinct. Basically it was boring, and I still don't think that it deserved that Academy Award for Cinematography, but each to their own opinions. The only character that I liked was the girl, Isabelle, and I enjoyed the small role that Christopher Lee played; it's always great to see him in films these days with especially how aged he is becoming. I don't know what all of the fuss was about; the film wasn't that great, and it wasn't even that diverting. I only wanted to know the answer to the mystery. Two things that stood out to me philosophically was that Martin Scorsese was showing his stand on film preservation and attempting to connect young children/generations to silent films, that ancient and long forgotten art form...until recently made reprisal by The Artist. Half way done with my work cycle; two days left. All I want to do is sleep right now, so I think that is what I shall do. Have an excellent first day of April everyone.

Safety Not Guaranteed Trailer. This actually looks relatively interesting, if it doesn't have a predictable ending that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment