Friday, February 17, 2012

A Vicious Circle of Work.

One works really hard so that one can get to the days off. One works really hard so that one can reach the pay days. One works really hard so that one can do it all over again, and again, and yet repeatedly again; it becomes a vicious cycle. I suppose this would be alright if you loved your job, or were distracted by a life outside of your job that gave you something constantly to look forward to or keep you from thinking about your job. At the moment this is where I find myself; caught up in a job that I find increasingly stressful and unlikable. Yet because of the economy and my lack of adventure there seems to be little that I can at the moment do about it. It sucks. Fortunately today work went well; I was constantly busy, but I was able to manage through it all. For some odd reason towards the end of the shift I began to get very, very sleepy; I almost fell asleep while driving home. Once I got home, I relaxed, took a shower and ate some dinner while watching some documentaries of the American Revolutionary War. Lots of good insight, like how Nathaniel Green was one of the greatest commanders of the Continental Army along with Daniel Morgan who kind of reminded me of General George Patton. Speaking of documentaries, for tonight's Oscar category we have Best Documentary Feature: Hell & Back Again, If A Tree Falls: A Story of the Earth Liberation Front, Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory, Pina, and Undefeated. This is one of the Academy Awards that I always know very little of unfortunately and where guessing is somewhat futile. However, I have heard a lot of chatter about Undefeated so I am going to choose that one to win and also to be the one I would like to see win as well. Not very sporting I suppose, but life goes on; it is possible that the tree documentary could win though; Hollywood is filled with enough such sympathizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment