Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sundays Are Something.

It was a rather routine Sunday. I got up and went through the morning paper while I watched an old Jack Lemmon film called Avanti. Those were the days when comedy films possessed class, wit, and good stories; now they're on average just plain crap. And yes that is technical language. Work went well and thank the maker there were no major crises. I'm kind of getting over my job, but for now I have to stick it out; can't be too picky these days when it comes to making money. And the nominations for Best Film Editing are: Anne-Sophie Bion & Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist), Kevin Tent (The Descendants), Kirk Baxter & Angus Wall (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo), Thelma Schoonmaker (Hugo), and Christopher Tellefsen (Moneyball). This is a difficult category to choose if you haven't seen the films. I'm going to go with The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo; I remember how the film was edited together, and it was actually quite brilliantly done, but The Artist will most likely snag the award. My days off are almost here; just one last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment