Thursday, February 9, 2012

Returning to the Ending.


To celebrate and in a way prepare myself for the 3-D released of The Phantom Menace in theatres tomorrow I decided to watch Return of the Jedi. It isn't my most favorite of the films, but I've come to like it more over the years. It's just so sad when Luke throws the Emperor into the shaft of the Death Star's main reactor, and I always tear up when the Executor plunges into the surface of the Death Star in a blaze of inferno. Oh well, but the celebration sequence always gets me; and personally I like the additions that George Lucas made to the DVD editions. I won't unfortunately get to see The Phantom Menace until Tuesday, but it will be well worth the wait after seeing it only once in the theatres almost thirteen years ago. Today was a rather lazy day again, but I did some reading and also I did force myself to sit down and do some writing. I texted my sister Paula and told her to give me an idea for a short story, she came up with a rather interesting notion; witches infiltrating the White House. You may think that sounds ridiculous, but I actually liked the idea upon hearing it and have taken it and shaped it into something truly unique and emotionally powerful....at least that is what I am going for. It took me an hour almost to develop it a little before I sat down and began writing, but the words just poured out of my fingers as I began typing; it was rather amazing. I'm not finished yet, and I don't know how long it will take me, but I am confident that when I am finished it will be a great little story. How can it not be with those two things together. For nominees of Best Animated Feature we have: A Cat In Paris, Chico & Rita, Kung Fu Panda 2, Puss in Boots, and Rango. Well not being rather that all interested in the average animated film I have seen none of these films. However, I would like Rango to win but I'm sure the Academy will choose A Cat In Paris. Why do you ask perhaps, do I think that will get chosen for the Oscar? Well, on average the Academy likes to choose animated films that aren't popular money making ones in favor of more artsy foreign animated films like the one I suggested. We'll see if my prediction and theory rings true. Back to work again after three days off; it's getting kind of sad when you can't wait for your next round of days off before you actually begin work again. I need to work on that.

The Phantom Menace Superbowl Spot 

No comments:

Post a Comment