Friday, February 24, 2012

Painting the Walls


At work, after all of the SED's went to school, and after I finished cleaning up the cottage, I began to paint the walls. You see we are redoing the theme/program which was previously the planets/space; now it will be the Wonderful World of Disney! It's going to look amazing after we are done with it all. I painted so much and for so long; I think that is pretty much what I did from 9am to about 4:30pm with a few interruptions here and there. I'm very sore and tired; going up and down the ladder and holding onto a roller and paintbrush is quite taxing on muscles which haven't been used that much in a while. A sure sign that I need to work out again. Other than that work was fine, except of the SED's tried to strangle himself with a belt and beat up a peer that was far younger and wimpier than he is. I was too exhausted to do anything when I got back to my apartment except eat and watch television. For the Oscar Nominations tonight we will be starting off with Best Sound Editing: Drive, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Hugo, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, and War Horse. I think War Horse should win it but Hugo will most likely nab this award. For the nominations of Best Sound Mixing we have: The Girl With the Dragon TattooHugo, MoneyballTransformers: Dark of the Moon, and War Horse. I think the obvious winner for me is definitely Transformers: Dark of the Moon  because those films have some of the richest mixing that I have ever heard, but I think once again that Hugo will nab an award in the sound category. The last category of the night is Best Visual Effects: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2, Hugo, Real Steel, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. I'd like to think that the answer to this nomination is easy for both me and the Academy: Planet of the Apes of course. I don't think that I have to regale any of you with how striking not only the effects were, but how real Caesar appeared and acted was astounding; truly groundbreaking. Darth Maul returns from death in The Clone Wars; the trailer below is incredible, as I am certain that the season finale will also be thus from season four. Well I exhausted and still feeling sick so I am going to get some sleep; I trust most of you average workers enjoy your weekend off, and watch the Oscar if you can and see which ones you can guess will win.

Darth Maul Returns Trailer

A nice little Oscar poke from an unlikely comedian. Very funny, especially if you see the trailer for his film.

No comments:

Post a Comment