Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Legacies and Food.


Today was rather uneventful, save for the fact that I got paid and the U.S. federal government accepted my tax returns! Shouldn't be too long before I receive my refunds, and I know just what to do with them. Today was nothing really exciting. I got some grocery shopping done and then relaxed; I had a friend over for dinner which was lovely. Speaking of friends, I had two flake out on me for dinner and lunch plans that we had arranged over the past weeks. It was kind of disheartening to get two texts in a row cancelling; fortunately my dinner date tonight did not cancel otherwise that would have really sucked. I seem to attract really flaky friends who can't seem to be consistent, and especially aren't reliable; tis the bane of my social experience. Anyways. I was surfing the web this morning and I found a lovely trailer for The Bourne Legacy starring Jeremy Renner. It looks like it should be really good, but I will leave the jury out on that one until I see it, or find out more about it. And the nominees for Best Adapted Screenplay are: Alexander Payne, Nat Fraxon, & Jim Frash (The Descendants), John Logan (Hugo), George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Beau Willimon (The Ides of March), Steven Zaillian, Aaron Sorkin, Stan Chervin, (Moneyball), and Bridget O'Connor & Peter Straughan (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy). I have seen only two of the nominated films, which is apparently my average at the moment for Oscar films seen. I would like to see Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy win it, but I have a feeling that The Descendants will be taking home the golden statue unless Brad Pitt can bribe a few individuals to vote his direction for Moneyball. Well perhaps I'll get some writing done tomorrow. I've been really short on motivation lately for whatever reason; it's been more fun to not write oddly enough, so I think I might just have to get into the swing of things again. Hopefully that's all it takes, although it would be nice to get all of this stuff with the second edition of The Curse of a Warrior and the second book of the trilogy all finished. Time and patience; oh how I wish I had more of both.

The Bourne Legacy trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment