Thursday, February 2, 2012

Laziness Supreme.


What a most ridiculous day I had. The funny thing to this whole day was that I got up earlier than I normally do and got my morning routine done earlier than I normally do as well, so I had a long day with lots of time to do whatever productive I wanted to do, but also get some play time in as well. But apparently when faced with the decision to work or play, I played all day long. I haven't spent that much time on the computer playing a game in many years, but for some odd reason I just didn't want to end it all. I should have stopped playing much sooner than I actually did, but I guess I liked being in that world so much as opposed to the one I currently am in. I also think I was trying to put off tomorrow and the rest of this weekend as much as possible. You see my job situation is beginning to become somewhat unpredictable, which gives me a measure of anxiety that makes me not want to look forward to work whatsoever. It sucks, because I haven't felt that way in a long time as I and the co-worker I usually work with have worked really hard to get it that way and make it pleasant to come to work, along with all of the other people I directly work with. When you get really good at your job it seems like the people in charge just want to pile on more responsibility and make your work life suck in many regards. I'm not complaining as I have a job and get relatively good money for what I do, but they certainly aren't making a sucky job any better especially considering the kids that I am taking care of. So anyways, now that I've got that off my chest the remainder of the day. I watched this one documentary series called The Revolution; as the name suggests (in context with the picture) it is about the American Revolution for Independence from Great Britain. It is actually very fascinating with a great deal of insight about the founding fathers of this country, their philosophy, and their struggles to get to where they did eventually with winning their independence from King George III. From Jefferson drafting the Declaration of Independence to Thomas Paine's "Common Sense" it seems to have it all, along with personal anecdotes from all kinds of people who lived and fought during that era. In the Oscars for tonight we have Best Actor nominees: Demian Bichir (A Better Life), George Clooney (The Descendants), Jean Dujardin (The Artist), Gary Oldman (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy), and Brad Pitt (Moneyball). I have seen only the last two films and like them both immensely, but I really believe that Brad Pitt deserves the Oscar, but for some odd reason I think that Jean Dujardin is going to get the Academy Award. It always seems like the Oscars usually pick the opposite of what I want, unless it is clearly obvious who should get the award. There ya go, There way my day, and now for the four days of working with the SED's; here we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment