Monday, February 6, 2012

Girl Scout Cookies.

Now those are words that you won't see very often from my mouth or written by my hand, however since several of the girls where I work at are part of that organization they were naturally able to coax me into buying some of the delicious cookies, despite my favorites being discontinued. Replacing the lemon cookies of last year are what are called "Savannah Smiles" which are a lemon cookie covered in powdered sugar, which I also think is lemony tasting. I got a whole case for myself, because they are rather addicting, and I thought it would be nice to help out the troops where I work. It was weird as I was getting the box all of the girls were hugging me, and shouting thank you; it was a little overwhelming. The work day went well, despite acquiring a new client in the cottage I usually work at; he's a screamer and likes to punch aggressively, but he did really well tonight so all of us are hoping that will become the norm for him. The film directors up for winning the Oscar for Best Directing are: Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris), Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist), Terrence Malick (The Tree of Life), Alexander Payne (The Descendants), and Martin Scorsese (Hugo). Ummm....I haven't seen any of these films so I'm kind of going on what I've heard and the little I've read and seen. I think Alexander Payne will get it for The Descendants, and I would also like him to get it. From everything I've heard it's a really good and engaging film with engaging characters with depth, so a win win. The others well....they get a nod at least, the only real competition will come from Michel Hazanavicius for The Artist, but I'm fairly certain he won't nab it. At last my days off have arrived. Now I can be lazy and relax for another three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment