Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dreams of Being........Sick?


I don't know how I feel about blogging about being sick again after seemingly blogging about it for months last year. To quickly sum it up, it sucks once again. I woke up this morning and felt like crap. Throughout the day I felt like crap as well, but it was bearable for the most part. I can't wait to see what tomorrow holds for me in that regard. So the day was fairly ordinary and as relaxing as it can be when one is sick. Last night I finished reading Darth Bane: Rule of Two and then began reading Darth Plagueis and yes I know that they're both Star Wars books, but hey I'm a big fan of the Sith, their teachings, and the Dark Lords. Top favorites are: Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd, Exar Kun, Darth Revan, Darth Bane, Darth Tyranus, and of course my most favorite of all Darth Sidious (the emperor). Reading these kind of books is a nice break from reality, which my job often reminds me that it sucks, reality that is. I did manage to get some more writing done, and it has happened again; another one of my short stories is taking on a whole new life of its own. The witch short story is developing into something that is taking far longer to finish writing than I thought that it would, but I believe when I have all of the parts put together that it will make quite a powerful story. During dinner I watched What Dreams May Come; I remember this film because I was watching the Oscars of which it won one for Best Visual Effects. It looked interesting then and I thought that it would be good, especially since it had Robin Williams, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Max Von Sydow starring in it. I was for the most part mistaken. The film was essentially boring; it had some fascinating notions about the afterlife, but not very pleasant ones if you ask me. I'd like to think that there won't be any heartaches or tears once I'm in Heaven. I liked the story/relationship between Robin Williams' character and his wife played by Annabella Sciorra; it was powerful, and perhaps the best part of the film. The visual effects for which it won an Academy Award for were quite good for the era, and quite visionary. But I kept waiting and wondering when the film was going to be over, therefore I am giving the film a "Yearning Ability;" it just could keep my interest going, and Robin Williams is much better suited for comedy than drama. In the Oscar nominations lineup we have Best Makeup: Albert Nobbs, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.2, and The Iron Lady. I'm uncertain why this category always has so few nominees, but for me personally it is a slam dunk that The Deathly Hallows Pt.2 should get the Oscar, but it will probably go to Albert Nobbs. All three of these films are good nominees, but I would think that they would get more films that have.....well....more intense makeup features. Hopefully I will be feeling a little better tomorrow, and pray that I don't drown from drinking too much tea.

What Dreams May Come Trailer


No comments:

Post a Comment