Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tinkering Through the Day.


I began the day watching Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I attended a rather early showing, so I basically got right up and went out to the movies before 10am. It was actually quite lovely too; very little traffic, hardly anybody was at the theatre when I got there, and afterwards I even did a bit of shopping. I went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and got this remarkable painting on sale for about $26 dollars; it was a good day. It was weird though, as I watched the film; I swear there was a huge age gap. Most of the people watching the film were over 45 years old, perhaps I prefer films that don't appear childish in nature, which is actually a very true thing now that I think about it. Back to the movie though, it was good; slow to develop, slow to move along, but it was gripping enough that I didn't really notice that much. Just keep that in mind though if you go out and see it; it isn't like James Bond, and it definitely isn't an action film but rather a thinking film. A classic British counterintelligence story and plot; I therefore gave it a "Strong Ability." The rest of the day I contemplated furniture, pest control and a little bit of rest and relaxation. Overall though I had a rather splendid day and for some odd reason I feel ready to go back to work tomorrow, even though I wouldn't per se claim that I am looking forward to it. Have a fantastic weekend everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment