Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Process of Elimination, Patience & News.


When I think of the process of elimination and patience I automatically think of Sherlock Holmes. Well aside from a small lapse in the morning of not being able to sleep, my slumber was interrupted rudely with a phone call from a Cox Communications technician who was on his way to fix my internet. When he got there shortly after the call, he didn't do much except look, talk a little, and replace something very small. Upon checking on my internet connection he said I was fine and left. Of course I began to tinker around on the internet immediately thereafter and it began to have problems once more. I was very frustrated to say the least. So when an automated call from Cox called me to survey about how well the technician did.... I was probably a little less than fair because I was still having the problems. Eventually after I eliminated the possibilities of there being a problem with Cox, I focused on my personal stuff. After a couple more hours of my own tinkering, I discovered that my poor internet connection had to do with my computer. So I turned it off and did a few other things before I got back to it. I cleaned it of all the internet files and a few other things just to be sure, and low and behold it works fine now; just like it used to, and hopefully will stay that way. A word of advice to new computer people; be careful what you download and what websites you go to, or risk learning the irritatingly hard way. So today I was busy with that along with a few other apartment chores which sucked up a lot of my time, and then I was eventually able to relax and get some play time in. Clone Wars Tuesdays continues the new story arc with Friends and Enemies. The second episode was good; I really enjoyed seeing this side of Star Wars, and it really should be something the creators should be exploring more of. Obi-Wan continues his masquerade of a Bounty Hunter in league with Bane and Eval, but Anakin is fiercely on their tracks and gets ever so helpful nudges from Chancellor Palpatine on where to go. It's interesting to see Obi-Wan's character go through various kinds of predicaments which essentially test his Jedi mettle, but he shines through and always avoids doing anything against the code despite being a spectator to violence that he could have stopped. The next episode The Box should be telling considering its title. I suppose I have been blogging for the past couple of months about this new project that I have been working on since....I believe it was the beginning of October. I went through various phases of it and eventually got to a point where there wasn't any writing for me to do, at which point I only had to wait. Now I have received the green light from my publisher and therefore can safely and assuredly announce that in anticipation of Book II of A Warrior's Tale, I am releasing a 2nd edition of The Curse of a Warrior. There will be an updated map (which will be the same style as the maps for book 2), an updated hard cover (which will have a similar style to book 2), and I have added at least 50 additional pages of material through the book. I felt that the first edition wasn't that up to par as the second book is, and so I believed that in order to be successful with the second book, I had to make a drastic overhaul to The Curse of a Warrior. The result is a much better read and better dynamics to the writing. I am sure everyone will believe it is a much better book. And yes, book 2 has been finished and re-drafted numerous times and is now in the final stages of editing. It is my hope to have book 2 released this year sometime, although I am uncertain of when. I will be posting and sharing different levels of the process of book 1's second edition release and publication. It has been a long time and a lot of work to get this far, and I am getting it done. To continue to whet your appetite, I have already written the rough overview for book 3....although you may have to wait another year and a half at least for that one to come out. Patience though, as Master Yoda would say.

New film with Henry Cavill, Bruce Willis, and Sigourney Weaver star in. It actually looks rather dreadful so naturally I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Friends and Enemies preview for the Clone Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment