Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Like Him."


I have now gone full circle with the current Underworld Trilogy I suppose you would call it after watching Underworld: Rise of the Lycans tonight. It is my second favorite film of the three, and may I say that Michael Sheen, Rhona Mitra, and Bill Nighy are fantastic, but especially Bill Nighy. As the Vampire Viktor, no other actor could have ever embodied the character like he did. I'm interested to see how the fourth film Underworld: Awakening will fare with the story, plot and so forth considering almost none of the original cast looks as if they will be in it except for Kate Beckinsale. Anyways it was a more leisurely day then yesterday. After doing some stuff on the internet and computer and my usual morning reading, I did some corresponding with my publisher and hopefully in a few days I will have some very good news to share with the entire world, that is if things continue to have a positive outlook for me. I tend to be the kind of person that looks at the glass half empty, so I'm always waiting for the next ball to drop. I did a good bit of writing today and I almost posted the story on my website, but I didn't think I was anywhere near being done and I was running a little too close to empty to be attempting to write the emotional climax without some rest, so I'm saving the rest for tomorrow which then I will hopefully be able to finish. Well time to finish reading my papers and stay up to date with all of the crap that is going on around the world. I actually read a local story around San Diego today where a 10 year old boy stabbed to death his friend (a 12 year old boy) because he was upset. People are saying he had problems controlling his anger or something like that, but that he would have never hurt a fly. I'm kind of curious where he got the kitchen knife from and where all of the supervision was if this kid was prone to outbursts of violent anger. After working with kids like that for over 3 years, I highly doubt this kid didn't realize what he was doing; I think everyone else is kidding themselves and attempting to rationalize what happened by making excuses for this kid. It's a sucky situation, and I'm glad that I'm not either parent; can't imagine what those people are going through.

Book trailer about my favorite Sith Lord of all time; Darth Sidious of course, and where he learned all of his tricks and power from. Should be good, at least I hope; James Luceno tends to write good Star Wars books.

No comments:

Post a Comment