Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!


I didn't get any writing done today, for one of the obvious reasons was because it was my birthday. Yep I am another year older and hopefully wiser; the gray hair is beginning to become more prevalent on my head unfortunately, although my sisters say that it is quite distinguishing. Oh well. I actually cleaned my apartment during the apartment, like really cleaned it which took a while, but I prefer to have it really clean versus messy, dusty, and dirty. I spoke to all of my immediate family, except my father who is Columbia, which shocked me; I haven't spoken to all three of my sisters and my mother on the same day in years. It's like one of those blue moon things. Three friends and I then went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and had a fantastic time. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time; it was just what I needed. Thank you Tim, Danny, and David for an awesome time! Oh and belated Happy birthday to David. One of the guys mentioned to the waitress that it was my birthday, and so yes they sang and gave me something to boot with a candle. That hasn't happened to me in a long time, and I haven't blown a candle out on my birthday in years. I have to admit that this was the best birthday I've had for a long time. Thank you to my friends and family for making it so wonderful. Perhaps tomorrow I'll get some writing done, but for now I am leisurely enjoying the moment.

I can't think of a better day then to celebrate 50 years of James Bond. Skyfall, the next Bond film which will be released November of this year, has a new film composer sadly. Thomas Newman will be taking over for David Arnold, who has done a fantastic job with the Bond films ever since Tomorrow Never Dies. Hopefully Mr. Newman will be up for the challenge, and perhaps bring a new style to the franchise and the 23rd Bond film.

No comments:

Post a Comment