Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Enough Iron In Your Diet?

It was surprisingly a very busy day, and I still haven't read all of the newspaper yet either. Well I got up this morning and went to the theatre and saw The Iron Lady. What a fantastic film and I now know what my next biography to read will be; I gave the film a "Strong Ability" which granted was due mainly to Meryl Streep's performance as Margaret Thatcher. What a woman if the film is anything like what the real woman was like back in the day, and still is bless her ancient soul. After that I had a lot of chores around the apartment to do like a small mountain of laundry and a large mountain of dishes; it sucks not having a dishwashing machine. No I didn't get any writing done, but I may have some rather exciting news concerning that project in a few days that I had been working on for the past 3 months or so. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm hoping that I will be able to get some writing done tomorrow. Another episode of The Clone Wars has come and gone and this one, titled A Friend in Need, was actually good. Ahsoka assists an old friend from season 3, Lux Bonteri. I like the character growth and challenges that face Ahsoka in this episode, and I think that if handled well the potential of all of the story elements in this episode could be quite.....impacting on the entire series. 'Death Watch' even makes a little bit of a return, although they seem somewhat diminished in their power, not to mention their leader comes across to me as such a thug. Whatever, overall it was a good episode; R2 even got a little bit of hero time.

This film Man on a Ledge looked promising as I began to see the trailer, but then the more I saw of it the less I liked it. Personally I think it is going to be dreadful despite its good cast, but I could be surprised.

A Friend in Need preview for the Clone Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment